Tensive is a biomedical company that is developing an innovative scaffold aiming to improve breast cancer patients’ quality of life, by offering a natural breast reconstruction.
We are looking for a Lab Manager to support the R&D and Product Development teams managing and maintaining the good standing and efficient functioning of the company’s laboratories.
We love to hire collaborative and self-motivated people with a passion for learning and a teamwork spirit.
Our team invests heavily in coaching new hires.
The Lab Manager is responsible for:
- the excellent functioning of the company’s laboratories;
- the optimal utilization and the constant and prompt availability of all the resources necessary for the R&D and production activities;
- the correct functioning and use of the lab equipment and the procurement of the consumables and raw materials required to run the operations;
- the purchase orders for consumables and equipment related to R&D and Production activities;
- the respect of the Quality Management System Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures related to the laboratories and will support the company overseeing other procedures;
- the organization and correct execution of the R&D and quality control tests conducted in the biology lab on all Tensive’s products;
- the coordination of technical personnel assigned for the performance of R&D and quality control activities.
All the above activities will have to be conducted in respect of the company’s timeline, as directed by the supervisors.
The Lab Manager will be directly involved in:
- problem-solving activities and experimental design;
- the structuring and writing of scientific and regulatory protocols, research projects for private funding and grant applications as well as company’s procedures;
- nurturing the suppliers’ relationship;
- other company’s activities that relate to the Production and R&D departments.
- BS in Biology, Biotechnology or related disciplines;
- MSc in Biology, Biotechnology, Management or related disciplines is preferred but not required
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in research and analysis in the biology field;
- At least 5 years of work experience in managing and coordinating multidisciplinary teams;
- Strong verbal/written communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Office Package and Asana, and willingness to discover and learn new lab management tools (such as Quartzy);
- Excellent attitude to teamwork and ability to work in a small, fast-growing startup environment.
Location: Milan, Italy
Please, send your resume and information to firstname.lastname@example.org